Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Work for friends, Libertine update, art art art

Hellooooooo all!

Just so you know the website IS ALMOST BACK UP AND RUNNING......almost. BUT things are looking on the bright side. It is getting closer and closer and I can feel it. In the meantime I would like to share some work done this past December that were done for some very good friends.

The first bit of work I waited to post since I recently was able to give this piece to Jay. As an early wedding gift I decided I would experiment more with some stenciling in a portrait I did of Jay and Jenna. I figured that the original photo I worked from was such a great photo that they would love this.
I worked my tuckus off making the stencil and even had to ease the shadows in Jay's face and Jenna's cheeks. If I hadn't they would've had a case of Heath Ledger Joker eyes!!!
Either way this work came out great. I think I may try to do more things like this. I do have some other pictures in mind that I think would look great in this style. So, hopefully over summer I'll have the chance to do so.

The second piece is something I did for a friend, Stephanie of a purple mini dragon. The name of the piece is "Stealing Sakura for her Tea". I basically thought let's make a dragon but make it seem smaller than usual. In antiquity dragon's are supposed to be huge so I thought this take on it would be fun.
Stephanie was pretty stoked about this.

SO, for further updates I would like you to know that the new Helix is currently in progress and still accepting submissions. It's going great so far and this issue is going to be an extra special issue. We have some work we will be recieving from kids out of a Hartford elementary school. Their work will be welcomed and I can't wait to see this come together with the other submissions. Also the cover is done BUT I'm not sharing that yet, you just gotta wait!

The new issue of In the Cut art magazine is on it's way as well so if you need an issue ask me. Quick reminder I was recently added to the street team of this publication and I deliver issues to places for viewing. It's an awesome and FREE magazine. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute.

Lastly, Upcoming is another installment of Welcome to Bohemia in Hartford Billings Forge. If you ant more info go check out the Libertine Collectives website and/or facebook page. It's a fun event with live art, music, and work from other CT artists. I might be jumping in to play some percussion as well so come check it out March 20th.

Until next time friends, stay toasty, and enjoy the nice weather!

No comments: