Friday, January 22, 2010

Stars!


This is an experimental series I've decided to start utilizing stars. These two works were done as gifts for two friends of mine. The series has no deep meaning but it is an exploration of the use of stencils.

Where did this come from? well, 1) i just love stars and 2) I have a love of graffiti art, especially stenciled work by artists such as Banksy. Stenciling takes work and makes it more graphic and "standout-ish". So I am currently going to begin work on a series of smaller works done entirely using star stencils of all sizes on canvas. These stars will utilize my love of color theory as well as channel use of layering to giv e asense of 3-dimensionality.

Specifically, These works are as follows:

The pink treble clef was done for Emma entitled "Pink, w/ Blue Star Splash".



The other was done for "Johnny B Good", "Untitled Stars 1"

Along with my other projects I'll try and keep you posted on the rest of the series as time passes.

Busy busy BuSy!

No comments: