Sunday, December 7, 2008

PART DUEX!

.......and so began my "journey". As the title suggests this new series of work would revolve around inevitability, my feeling towards the notion everyone has a vice, everyone is guilty of a vice that leads to the ultimate inevitability: Death. So in my journal I began doodling random snakes in my new style and thinking of different vices that have arisen in the lives of those around me, things I have seen people bring themselves to the brink of death with. I even examined myself, knowing damn well I too am guilty, I wanted to bring across the point that no matter who you are you're going to have a vice, but it's ok. In doing this series I have caught criticism from people who feel "everyone isn't guilty why do you feel everyone is screwed up?"....those individuals had their opinion and I respected it, but they obviously didn't get the point.

The point that others have gotten is this: Yes we are all guilty of a vice, small vices or large, everyone has something. But it's ok to have something that helps you through your day. Its when we take these vices and rely on them to get us through everything that we let it become us. It's when we let these vices define us that we begin to lose our identities as people and this in turn leads to our personal demise.

For that reason I decided to create my own social commentary with tattoo imagery. I'm not trying to preach anything I merely stating a well known fact and elevating it into an artist's perspective.

As some of you know the show that featured five of the snakes just opened. It went well, I'll have to get a copy of my interview for a posting soon. So next time I will show you the first vice snake and explain a little bit about it.

Until then stay phrosty, and please let me know what you feel about things

:P

1 comment:

トレヴァー said...

Those that live in the so called veil of denial (yes I just made that up on the spot) are usually trying to protect themselves. They should not be scorned for their actions, but I do pity them.