Monday, January 5, 2009

Inspiration


Due to some advice from a dear friend I decided to do a small posting on where inspiration came from to create my own style of snakes. to the sides are two photos from T.C. Williams, an amazing tattoo artist and the dude who has done most of the ink on my left and right arms. I don't think I need to explain how he inspired me. He is a great tattoo artist, he does phenominal work and if you ever catch yourself in New Jersey look for his shop. He's definitely a man who knows japanese artwork as you can see by the gorgeous Hanya mask up top.
His style of snakes is unlike others especially at the head of the snake. I remember last session we had discussing how styles sort of develop themselves. It was his advice and his art that inspired me to first create a style of art in my work. You can see in former images how I have derived inspiration from him as well as other artists but how I was able to be unique and really craft something iconic and memorable while at the same time remaining true to me.
Next time, Vice snakes and more! and perhaps some poetry? :P
"...the skyline was beautiful on fire, all twisted metal..."



No comments: